WATER-BASED ELASTIC WATERPROOFING
- Waterproofing for roofs and rooftops of new or old concrete buildings
This paint is an economical and practical water-based elastic waterproofing paint based on a special elastic acrylic emulsion that gives flexible elasticity and excellent adhesion especially to concrete in order to maintain effective waterproof performance even in the fierce cold during the winter season and the fierce heat during the summer season. The coating film formed continuously without a joint after drying has excellent water resistance and sufficient elasticity and tensile strength to prevent the coating film from being cracked or damaged by an impact on a building, or shrinkage and expansion. It is a paint that is suitable for waterproofing of rooftops and roofs of new or old concrete structures, because it has superior adhesion to the base and durability even under long-term outdoor exposure conditions where inundation is repeated.
- Paint type
- Special acrylic emulsion water-based exterior / Top coat
- Drying time
Drying time Category 10℃ 20℃ 30℃ Time required for re-coating (min.) 5 hours 3 hours 2 hours
- Use of undiluted solution (Less than 5% tap water if necessary)
- Coating Method
- Brush, roller, spray coating
- Specific gravity
- Approx. 1.34(Based on white color)
- Solid volume ratio
- Approx. 48 % (Based on white color)
- Theoretical Coverage
- Approx. 0.5 ㎡/ℓ
- Thickness of dried film
- 1㎜ (4times)
- Re-coating interval
- 20℃, Sufficient ventilation for a minimum of 3 hours
- White and other colors
- Storage and preservation
- 12 months (Dry, cool, and dark place with good ventilation, room temperature 5℃~30℃, humidity less than 80%)
PRODUCT PROPERTIES (PHYSICAL PROPERTY DATA)
- Excellent waterproofing ability
- As an integrated continuous elastic film is formed, excellent waterproofing performance is exhibited, and resistance to vibrations and cracks is strong.
- Excellent workability
- As it is a one-component water-based type, workability is excellent.
- Eco-friendly properties
- It has little odor as it is a water-based type unlike existing oil-based waterproofing materials.
how to use
- Surface treatment
- 1. The material should be sufficiently cured (cured more than 30 days at 20℃)
2. Laitance, dust, oil and other contaminants on the surface must be completely removed.
3. The proper pH of the material must be less than 9, and the percentage of moisture content must be less than 6%.
4. The gaps and grooves on the surface must be filled with exterior water-based putty, and surface adjustment should be made before coating.
- Coating method
- 1. Primer
① After surface treatment, if necessary, dilute the water-based epoxy undercoat with water up to 10% and apply once with a roller or brush to get a dry film thickness of 20㎛.
② For areas where the absorption of the surface is severe, apply once more coating.
2. Top coat
① After at least 8 hours at 20℃ following undercoating, apply this paint 3~4 times with a brush, roller or spray to get a dry film thickness of 1000㎛.
② At this time, undiluted paint is recommended, but if necessary, it can be diluted to less than 5% with tap water for coating.
③ The re-coating interval is at least 3 hours at 20℃ after top coating.