WASH COAT DNU-800 Pretreatment primer for metal
- Light metals, steel, and galvanized steel sheets
This paint is a two-component wash primer made of polyvinyl butyral resin, zinc chromate anti-corrosive pigment and phosphoric acid catalyst. As it has excellent anti-corrosive properties and adhesion, it is an excellent etching primer for metals (iron, light metal, alloy), and KSM-6030 (4 kinds, 1 type) is widely used.
- Paint type
- Polyvinyl butyral resin / Wash primer (Two-Component)
- Drying time
Drying time Category 5℃ 20℃ 30℃ Set-to-touch 5 minutes 3 minutes 2 minutes Dry-hard 20 minutes 10 minutes 5 minutes Over-coat (Min.) 4 hours 2 hours 1 hour Over-coat (Max.) 24 hours 24 hours 24 hours Maturation time 10 minutes 5 minutes 3 minutes Pot life 16 hours 12 hours 8 hours
- Dilution ratio
- ▷Brush, roller coating: less than 10% ▷Spray coating: less than 15% ▷Airless, spray coating: less than 5%
- Specific gravity
- Approx. 0.9
- Theoretical Coverage
- Solid volume ratio
- Approx. 10±1%
- Dark green
- Thickness of dried film
- Mixing ratio
- Base(A)/Hardener(B)=4/1 (Weight ratio)
- Flash point
- Shelf life
- 12 months (well-ventilated dry, cold and dark location)
how to use
- Surface treatment
- 1. Completely remove oil, moisture, sand, dust, and other foreign matter from the surface to be coated.
2. For steel, apply immediately after surface treatment.
3. Light metals should be coated after solvent cleaning. If washed after polished with abrasive paper, adhesion
will be better.
- Coating method
- 1. Coating can be done by either brush, roller, or airless spray coating.
2. Airless spray coating:
- Tip diameter : 0.013"~0.017"
- Injection pressure : 1500~2000 PS.I(105~140㎏/㎠)
- Store the coating equipment after cleaning with an exclusive thinner immediately after use.
3. Clean the surface of the welded part with a disc sander after primer coating and then proceed with coating
after touch-up to approx. 5~10㎛.
- Preceding and follow-up coating
- 1. Follow-up coating: oil-based paint, alkyd resin, phenol resin, vinyl resin, chlorinated rubber resin, epoxy resin
- 1. Product with similar specifications: KSM-6030 (Type 4, Grade 1), JIS-K-5633(Type 1), DOD-P-15328D
- Mix by slowly adding the hardener part (acid part) to the paint part, using an accurate mixing ratio.
- Since this paint cannot completely hide the material, top coating can be applied in the case there are no
problems in the coating even if covered area is uneven after coating.
- As this paint is used as a pretreatment agent, it should be thinly coated. If coated thickly, adhesion is lowered.
- Apply a top coat within 24 hours.
- Store at room temperature (5~35℃) since it can change into gel if it is stored at low temperatures of 4℃ or
below for a long period of time. (If paint that has turned into gel is warmed up to room temperature by
placing it in a warm room or warm water and is stirred well, it turns back to the original state.)
Product Properties (Physical Property Data)
More than 20
More than 9
Zinc oxide in the pigment(%)
More than 55
Zinc chromate in the pigment(%)
More than 14
More than 6