DHDC-0690 Epoxy anti-corrosive primer
- Anti-corrosive primer for steel structures requiring long-term anti-corrosion
This paint is a two-component epoxy anti-corrosive paint made mainly of active iron oxide and the best anti-corrosive pigment based on polyamide resin. This paint is very widely used as an anti-corrosive paint for various petroleum compounds or for the inside of crude oil tanks and water tanks because it is excellent in the hardness of dry film, adhesion to steel surfaces, water resistance, oil resistance and anti-corrosive properties.
- Paint type
- Epoxy polyamide / Anti-corrosive primer (Two-Component)
- Drying time
Drying time Category 5℃ 20℃ 30℃ Set-to-touch 2 hours 1 hour 40 minutes Dry-hard 20 hours 10 hours 8 hours Over-coat (Min.) 32 hours 15 hours 12 hours Over-coat (Max.) 4 months 3 months 2 months Maturation time 1 hour 30 minutes 20 minutes Pot life 16 hours 12 hours 8 hours
- Dilution ratio
- ▷Brush, roller coating: less than 15% ▷Airless, spray coating: less than 10%
- Specific gravity
- Approx. 1.3(Based on reddish brown)
- Theoretical Coverage
- 10 ㎡/ℓ (1time - 50㎛)
- Solid volume ratio
- Approx. 50±1%
- Reddish brown, gray, other colors
- Thickness of dried film
- Mixing ratio
- Base(A)/Hardener(B)=3/1 (Volume ratio)
- Flash point
- At least 7℃
- Shelf life
- 12 months (Dry, cool, and dark place with good ventilation)
PRODUCT PROPERTIES (PHYSICAL PROPERTY DATA)
- Superior adhesion
- An anti-corrosive primer with excellent adhesion to metal surfaces.
- Excellent film property
- Water resistance, oil resistance, and anti-corrosive properties are excellent, and it can be applied to the inside of crude oil or water tanks.
how to use
- Surface treatment
- 1. Completely remove oil, moisture, sand, dust, and other foreign matter from the surface to be coated. The degree of surface treatment to obtain an excellent steel protection effect should be at least SSPC-SP 10 or Sa2.5 (near white metal blast cleaning).The surface roughness should not exceed 75 ㎛.
2. For steel, apply immediately after surface treatment.
3. After primer coating, clean up the welded areas (blackened and rusted areas) with a disc sander. Then, touch up with this paint and continue coating.
- Coating method
- 1. Coating can be done by either brush, roller, air or airless spray coating.
2. Airless spray coating:
- Tip diameter : 0.015"~0.021"
- Injection pressure : More than 2500 P.S.I(176㎏/㎠)
- Store the coating equipment after cleaning with an exclusive thinner immediately after use.
- Preceding and follow-up coating
- 1. Follow-up coating : Epoxy resin, urethane resin, PVDF paint are sutaible.
- 1. Sufficient performance after last coating is achieved after drying for 7 days at 20℃.
2. For coating areas exposed to the outside, yellowing and chalking may occur in a short period of time due to
the effect of sunlight. Upon coating for areas exposed to the outside, be sure to apply top coat.