INCOMBUSTIBLE TOP COAT STOFIRE
- Incombustible top coat paint for metallic interior materials within buildings
This paint is a one-component, backing type paint that consists of silicone resin with outstanding heat resistance and contamination resistance. It offers satisfactory incombustibility, adhesiveness, solvent resistance, and contamination resistance and is designed to be applicable on metallic interior materials within buildings that require incombustibility.
- Paint type
- Silicone / Top coat (One-Component)
- White and other colors
- Applied materials
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Specific gravity (25 ℃)
- 1.20 ± 0.05
- Recommended thinkness
- 30 - 40 ㎛
- Viscosity (KU/25 ℃)
- 65 ± 5
- Solid content (%)
- 65 ± 3
- Dilution ratio
- Within 20 - 40 %
- Drying conditions
- Drying conditions : 230 - 240 ℃
- Drying conditions
- Drying time : 15 - 20 minutes
- Dilution viscosity (FORD #4/25 ℃)
- 22 ± 2 seconds (Air spray, electrostatic spray)
- Shelf life
- 12 months
- Recommended primer
- STOFIER FLASH PRIMER
how to use
- Surface treatment
- 1) Completely remove oil, moisture, sand, dust and foreign substances from the surface.
2) For steel materials(CR, EGI, GI), apply zinc phosphate chemical conversion coating.
3) In case of aluminum and nonferrous metals, apply chromate pretreatment before painting.
- Coating method
- 1) Dilute the base and designated thinner appropriately to 20 - 40 % according to the painting line conditions and stir it well for at least 5 minutes.
2) Please filter out dust or impurities with 300 mesh paint strainer to prevent poor appearance.
3) Paint sufficiently to make sure that the dry film thickness is 30~40㎛ and paint several times rather than painting all at once if conditions permit.
4) Force dry in 230 - 240℃ for at least 15-20 minutes after 5-10 minutes of set time. Adhere to the drying conditions as overbaking may result in deterioration of painted surface such as yellowing and defective gloss.
5) You must grind the previously coated surface with the sandpaper to increase adhesiveness during re-painting before performing the system painting (primer, top coat).
- 1. Substance properties with satisfactory incombustibility (Notice by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport)
2. Satisfactory adhesiveness, solvent resistance, chemical resistance, workability, and contamination resistance