- Painting of general industrial steel products, car components, general metallic home appliances and their components,etc.
WATERPON #2600 is a mixture of waterbone acrylic denatured alkyd resign and melamine resin along with rust resistant pigments which is appropriate for dipping/coating of car components and steel components for general industrial purposes. It is painted by spraying and hardened offering elegant exterior look along with satisfactory water resistance, corrosion resistance, and adhesiveness.
- Paint type
- Acrylic denatured alkyd resin type
- Drying time
Drying time Category 130 ℃ 140 ℃ Dry-through 30 minutes (Hard dry) 25 minutes (Hard dry)
- Water (Tap water) or additive for WATERPON
- Dilution rate
- 20 - 40 (%)
- Paint viscosity
- 68 ± 5 (KU/25 ℃)
- Black, gray, etc.
- Specific gravity
- 1.1±0.1 (20 ℃)
- Gloss (60 °)
- G: 5 - 80
- Thickness of dried film
- 35 - 2 ㎛
- 40 ± 5 (%)
- Theoretical Coverage
- 9 - 13 (m²/ℓ, 35 ㎛, 95% delivery efficiency)
- 7.5 - 9.5
PRODUCT PROPERTIES (PHYSICAL PROPERTY DATA)
- 100/100 Cross Cut (1mm)
- Water resistance
- 20 ± 2 ℃ * Dip for 120 hours
- Corrosion resistance
- Zinc phosphate pre-treatment, 240 hours
- KS M ISO 2409
- Above 2 ñ
- KS M ISO 2812
- R.N. Above 9.8 - 2 (Refer to KS D-9502)
- ASTM B-117
- R.N. Above 9.3 - 1 (Refer to KS D-9502)
how to use
- Surface treatment
- • Completely remove oil, moisture, sand, dust and foreign substances from the surface.
• The rust on the painting surface must be removed for the product to perform.
• Dry the target surface sufficiently after surface treatment.
- Coating method
- • Dip coat
- Conditions : Dip for about 1 minute and dry after setting for 10 - 15 minutes after dip coating
- Dilution viscosity : 30 - 50 seconds (Fordcup #4/25 ℃)
• Air spray (Airless or air type)
- Recommended thinner : Designated thinner
- Dilution viscosity : 15 - 30 seconds (Ford Cup #4/25 ℃)
- Recommended coating tool : -
- Spray pressure : 4 - 5 kg/c㎡
- Usage Precaution
• Stir the paint well prior to use.
• Excessive dilution during dipping can lead to defective concealment.
• Store the paint in a cool, dark area and avoid direct sunlight. Shelf life is 6 months.
• Use the drum product within 3 months.