DHDC-8656HB Coal tar epoxy paint, high build
- Paint for crude oil, distilled water and wastewater tanks requiring oil resistance, water resistance, and chemical resistance
Underground structures, etc.
This paint is made of epoxy polyamide resin and coal tar pitch. It is a two-component coal tar epoxy paint with high hardness and elasticity, firm adhesion, excellent water resistance and chemical resistance. It can be applied as the dry film at a thickness of up to 150~200㎛ in one coat. It is suitable for use in crude oil tanks, wastewater treatment plants, distilled water tanks, and areas where water resistance and chemical resistance are required due to its excellent alkali resistance, oil resistance and seawater resistance.
- Paint type
- Coal tar epoxy / High build (Two-Component)
- Drying time
Drying time Category 5℃ 20℃ 30℃ Set-to-touch 2 hours 1 hour 40 minutes Dry-hard 24 hours 10 hours 8 hours Over-coat (Min.) 32 hours 15 hours 12 hours Over-coat (Max.) 4 months 3 months 2 months Maturation time 1 hour 30 minutes 20 minutes Pot life 16 hours 12 hours 8 hours
- Dilution ratio
- ▷Brush, roller coating: less than 15% ▷Airless, spray coating: less than 10%
- Specific gravity
- Approx. 1.3(Based on black color)
- Theoretical Coverage
- 3.2 ㎡/ℓ (1 time - 200㎛)
- Solid volume ratio
- Approx. 64±1%
- Thickness of dried film
- Mixing ratio
- Base(A)/Hardener(B)=4/1 (Weight ratio)
- Flash point
- At least 7℃
- Less than semi-gloss
- Shelf life
- 12 months (Dry, cool, and dark place with good ventilation)
PRODUCT PROPERTIES (PHYSICAL PROPERTY DATA)
- Coal tar epoy
- A two-component coal tar epoxy high-build paint that can be applied to crude oil tanks and wastewater treatment plants
- Excellent film property
- Adhesion, water resistance, salt water resistance and chemical resistance are excellent.
how to use
- Surface treatment
- 1. Completely remove oil, moisture, sand, dust, and other foreign matter from the surface to be coated. The degree of surface treatment to obtain an excellent steel protection effect should be at least SSPC-SP 10 or Sa2.5 (near white metal blast cleaning). The surface roughness should not exceed 75 ㎛.
2. Apply the coating on steel surface immediately after surface treatment.
3. After primer coating, clean up the welded areas (blackened and rusted areas) with a disc sander. Then, touch up with this paint and continue coating.
- Coating method
- 1. Although coating can be done by either brush or airless spraying, airless spray coating is best.
2. Airless spray coating :
- Tip diameter : 0.019"~0.025"
- Injection pressure : More than 3000 P.S.I (210㎏/㎠)
- Store the coating equipment after cleaning with an exclusive thinner immediately after use.
- Preceding and follow-up coating
- 1. Preceding coating: Epoxy system, inorganic zinc silicate primer
- Upon coating on the inorganic zinc paint, a mist coat is required.
- 1. Sufficient performance after last coating is achieved after drying for 7 days at 20℃.
2. Since this paint contains coal tar, do not expose the skin during painting and be careful not to breath in the fumes. (During coating the inside of tanks, proper ventilation is required.)
3. For coating areas exposed to the outside, yellowing and chalking may occur in a short period of time due to the effect of sunlight.