Heavy Duty Coating
REL-PON 29 Epoxy amine-adduct top coat, high build
- Top coat for various tanks and inside of petroleum tanks
This paint is an epoxy type top coat with a hard film and excellent adhesion. It is a recommended paint as a top coat for the inside of various tanks for water, petroleum and solvents by using REL-PON 28 as an primer. As it is a high build paint that can be applied as the dry film at a thickness of up to 100㎛ in one coat, it has an advantage of being able to shorten the painting process.
- Paint type
- Epoxy / top coat / High build (Two-Component)
- Drying time
Drying time Category 5℃ 20℃ 30℃ Set-to-touch 2 hours 1 hour 40 minutes Dry-hard 24 hours 10 hours 8 hours Over-coat (Min.) 32 hours 24 hours 18 hours Over-coat (Max.) 2 months 1 month 15 days Maturation time 1 hour 30 minutes 20 minutes Pot life 16 hours 12 hours 8 hours
- Dilution ratio
- ▷Brush, roller coating: less than 15% ▷Airless, spray coating: less than 10%
- Specific gravity
- Approx. 1.4
- Theoretical Coverage
- 4.5 ㎡/ℓ (1 time - 100㎛)
- Solid volume ratio
- Approx. 45±1%
- White, other colors
- Thickness of dried film
- Mixing ratio
- Base(A)/Hardener(B)=9/1 (Weight ratio)
- Flash point
- At least 7℃
- Shelf life
- 12 months (Dry, cool, and dark place with good ventilation)
PRODUCT PROPERTIES (PHYSICAL PROPERTY DATA)
- Top coat for tanks
- A two-component epoxy amine-adduct top coat for petroleum solvent for metal tanks (high-build type)
- Excellent film property
- Adhesion, oil resistance, salt water resistance and solvent resistance are excellent.
how to use
- Surface treatment
- 1. Completely remove oil, moisture, sand, dust, and other foreign matter from the surface to be coated.
2. Sufficiently dry the surface to be coated before coating.
3. The welded parts and corners need to be cleaned before coating.
- Coating method
- 1. Although coating can be done by either brush or airless spraying, airless spray coating is best.
2. Airless spray coating :
- Tip diameter : 0.019"~0.025"
- Injection pressure : More than 3000 P.S.I (210㎏/㎠)
- Store the coating equipment after cleaning with an exclusive thinner immediately after use.
- Preceding and follow-up coating
- 1. Preceding coating: Epoxy system paint(REL-PON 28)
- 1. Sufficient performance after last coating is achieved after drying for 7 days at 20℃.
2. For coating areas exposed to the outside, yellowing and chalking may occur in a short period of time
due to the effect of sunlight. Upon coating for areas exposed to the outside, be sure to apply top coat.