Heavy Duty Coating
NEW-WATERPOXY DHDC-2600WF Water-based epoxy top coat
- Water-based top coat for inside of buildings, basements, etc.
This paint is a water-based epoxy paint manufactured by using eco-friendly water-based epoxy resin. Unlike oil-based epoxy, it is suitable for painting the interior of buildings, basements, etc. because it does not contain any solvent components harmful to the human body. This paint has advantages of excellent adhesion, water resistance, and abrasion resistance as well as quick-drying ability, excellent mixing, water-dilutable properties and painting workability compared to ordinary water-based epoxies.
- Paint type
- Water-based epoxy / top coat (2-Component)
- Drying time
Drying time Category 10℃ 20℃ 30℃ Set-to-touch 1 hour 30 minutes 15 minutes Dry-hard 24 hours 8 hours 6 hours Over-coat (Min.) 32 hours 12 hours 8 hours Over-coat (Max.) 10 days 7 days 5 days Maturation time 20 minutes 15 minutes 10 minutes Pot life 2 hours 1.5 hours 1 hour
- Tap water
- Dilution ratio
- ▷Brush, roller coating: less than 10% ▷Airless, spray coating: less than 5%
- Specific gravity
- Approx. 1.2
- Theoretical Coverage
- 10 ㎡/ℓ (1 time - 40㎛)
- Solid volume ratio
- Approx. 40±1%
- White, Clear sky blue, other colors
- Thickness of dried film
- 40㎛ (New coating: 40㎛ X 2times recommended)
- Mixing ratio
- Base(A)/Hardener(B)=1/1 (Weight ratio)
- Flash point
- Not applicable
- Shelf life
- 12 months (Dry, cool, and dark place with good ventilation)
PRODUCT PROPERTIES (PHYSICAL PROPERTY DATA)
- Water-based epoxy
- A two-component water-based epoxy undercoat for steel, which is an eco-friendly paint with excellent mixing and painting workability.
- Excellent film property
- Adhesion, abrasion resistance and impact resistance are excellent.
how to use
- Surface treatment
- 1. Completely remove oil, moisture, sand, dust, and other foreign matter from the surface to be coated.
2. Sufficiently dry the surface to be coated before coating.
3. For repair coating, remove factors (chalking, foreign matter and old film with poor adhesion) that interfere
with the interlayer adhesion and increase the surface roughness by sandpapering, etc.
- Coating method
- 1. Coating can be done by either brush, roller, or airless spray coating.
- For roller coating, oil roller is suitable.
- Preceding and follow-up coating
- 1. Preceding coating: steel - NEW-WATERPOXY PRIMER DHDC-2600WP reddish brown
concrete - NEW-WATERPOXY PRIMER DHDC-2600WP clear
- 1. Sufficient performance after last coating is achieved after drying for 7 days at 20℃.
2. As this product has a short pot life, it should be used within the pot life (especially during the summer).
3. At low temperature and high humidity, water evaporation on the coating surface during coating is very
delayed, and normal properties cannot be exhibited even when it is dried.
(Coating is prohibited at a temperature of 5℃ or below and humidity of 85% or higher)
4. If it is applied in an enclosed space, water evaporation is very delayed, thereby resulting in drying failure.
Therefore, use appropriate methods to ensure that water evaporation can occur smoothly.
5. About 40㎛ is appropriate for one coat, and avoid forming thick coating when applying one coat
(which causes sagging and drying failure).
6. Store the paint at 5℃ or higher.
7. For coating areas exposed to the outside, yellowing and chalking may occur in a short period of time due
to the effect of sunlight.