RUSTOP DHDC-3800AL Multi-purpose epoxy (aluminum type), high build
- System for tightily adhering coatings and hand or power tool prepared steel
This paint is a two-component primer and top coat that is excellent in adhesion and chemical resistance. As it is a high build paint that can be applied as the dry film at a thickness of up to 125㎛ in one coat, it can shorten the painting process. In terms of surface treatment, it is possible to paint even after a simple treatment for steel structures treated with hand tools or power tools and old coating. It is suitable for repair painting for areas where facilities are complicated and difficult to reach for blasting treatment. It can also be used as a barrier coat for repair painting for old alkyd-based films (about six months).
- Paint type
- Epoxy-modified Amine / High build (Two-Component)
- Drying time
Drying time Category 5℃ 20℃ 30℃ Set-to-touch 3 hours 2 hours 1 hour Dry-hard 36 hours 15 hours 10 hours Over-coat (Min.) 48 hours 24 hours 15 hours Over-coat (Max.) 1 month 15 days 7 days Maturation time 30 minutes 15 minutes 10 minutes Pot life 6 hours 4 hours 2 hours
- Normal coating : DR-100 Alkyd overcoat refinish : DR-100A
- Dilution ratio
- ▷Brush, roller coating: less than 15% ▷Airless, spray coating: less than 10%
- Specific gravity
- Approx. 1.4
- Theoretical Coverage
- 8 ㎡/ℓ (1 time - 100㎛)
- Solid volume ratio
- Approx. 80±1%
- Silver dust
- Thickness of dried film
- Mixing ratio
- Base(A)/Hardener(B)=9/1 (Weight ratio)
- Flash point
- At least 27℃
- Silk Gloss
- Shelf life
- 12 months (Dry, cool, and dark place with good ventilation)
PRODUCT PROPERTIES (PHYSICAL PROPERTY DATA)
- Multi-purpose epoxy
- Two-component epoxy primer/top coat for barrier coat or surfaces that is not available of blasting
- Excellent film property
- Excellent properties of adhesion, salt water resistance, anti-rust and wear resistance
how to use
- Surface treatment
- 1. Remove oil, moisture, sand, dust, and other foreign substances completely from the surface
2. Remove weak old coating, rust, mill scale completely with hand or power tools or sweep blasting.
(SSPC SP-2, SP-3)
3. Clean inundated surface with SSPC-SP 10 or Sa2.5(Near white blast cleaning) for surface treatment.
4. Apply the coating on steel surface immediately after surface treatment.
5. Handling is required on the welded part or egde surface before applying.
- Coating method
- 1. A brush, roller, or airless spray available for painting (airless spray recommended)
2. In airless spray painting:
- Tip diameter: 0.021"~0.031"
- Spraying pressure: 3000 P.S.I or more (210㎏/㎠)
- The used painting instrument must be cleaned with a dedicated diluent immediately after use.
- Preceding and follow-up coating
- 1. Follow-up coating : Epoxy system, urethane system, PVDF paint
- 1. Sufficient performance after last coating is achieved after drying for 7 days at 20℃.
2. For coating areas exposed to the outside, yellowing and chalking may occur in a short period of time due to
the effect of sunlight. Upon coating for areas exposed to the outside, be sure to apply top coat.