SMARTHANE 300 SANDING SEALER
- Intermediate coating/primer for luxury furniture and general carpentry
SMARTHANE 300 SANDING SEALER is a urethane paint consisting of polyol, isocyanate, and abrasive ingredients. It eliminates imperfections with its outstanding film formation performance and is used as intermediate coating or primer for wood and furniture to improve adhesiveness with top coat. Also, it can be used as a urethane sanding sealer for carpentry and has superior transparency and abrasive property as well as workability.
- Paint type
- Two-component alkyd urethane paint
- Product features
- 1. It features outstanding transparency. 2. It dries quickly and features outstanding workability. 3. It offers satisfactory film formation and spreadability. 4. It features outstanding adhesiveness. 5. It features outstanding abrasive property.
- Semi-transparent yellow rice-colored liquid
- Specific gravity (25 ℃)
- 1.03 ± 0.05
- Coverage (g/㎡)
- 60 - 80
- Viscosity (KU/25 ℃)
- 80 ± 5
- Solid content (%)
- Base : 58 ± 3 / Hardener : 37 ± 3
- Mixture ratio
- Base (A) / Hardener (B) = 2/1 (Weight)
- Urethane thinner for wood coating
- Shelf life
- 12 months
how to use
- Surface treatment
- 1) Do not paint on wet wood.
2) Completely remove oil, moisture, sand, dust and foreign substances from the surface.
- Coating method
- 1) After surface treatment, sufficiently mix the SMARTHANE 300 PRIMER CLEAR with the base and water at the weight ratio of 2:1. Paint with spray to create a dry film with thickness of 40 ㎛ or more.
2) Wait for 1 - 2 hours at 20 ℃ after applying the primer Mix the SMARTHANE 300 SANDING SEALER with the base and hardener at the weight ratio of 2:1. Paint twice to create a dry film with thickness of 50 ㎛ or more adhering to the repainting interval.
3) Paint with designated thinner at 30 - 50 % (Urethane thinner for carpentry).
4) After applying the intermediate coating, dry for at least 2 - 3 hours at 20 ℃ (1 - 2 hours at 60 ℃). Sand the object with a 320 - 400 eyelet sanding paper and mix the SMARTHANE 300 TOP COAT CLEAR with the base and hardener at the weight ratio of 2:1. Paint to create a dry film with thickness of 30 - 40 ㎛.
5) Paint with designated thinner at 30 - 50 % (Urethane thinner for carpentry).
6) When applying the top coat twice, dry the primary coating completely and sand it with a 400 eyelet sanding paper before applying the secondary top coat.