DVB-5400 Non-solvent-based insulation varnish
- Automobile alternators and armatures
- 20. DVB-5400.pdf
DVB-5400 is an insulating varnish for motors developed for impregnation and dripping of electric tools and armatures. This varnish mainly consists of an epoxy resin that can be cured with acid anhydride and has long pot life and outstanding adhesion performance.
- Paint type
- Triple-component epoxy resin
- Product Features
- 1. It features outstanding heat resistance. (Type F: 155 ℃) 2. It features outstanding electrical properties. 3. It features outstanding adhesiveness. 4. It features outstanding compatibility with coil.
- Storage stability (40℃) (A + B + C)
- Over 2 days
- A/B/C: No color / Light yellow / No color
- A/B/C: 12 - 22 / 0.2 - 0.4 / Below 0.1 POISE
- Curing conditions
- At least 1 hour at 130 - 150 ℃
- Specific gravity
- A/B/C = 1.14/1.21/0.96
- Not certified
- Gel time (120 ℃)
- 2 - 5 min.
- Storage conditions
- Store in a shaded indoor space with sufficient ventilation.
- Mixing ratio
- A : B : C = 90 : 30 : 0.3 (Weight)
- Shelf life
- 6 months from the manufacturing date (when storage conditions are met)
PRODUCT PROPERTIES (PHYSICAL PROPERTY DATA)
- Breakdown voltage
- Above 9 KV (Twist Pair method, MW-5 Coil)
- Volume resistivity
- At least 1.0 × 1014 Ω㎝
how to use
- How to use
- 1. Mix evenly after adding the substances according to the designated mixing ratio.
2. Preheat the substrate at 80 - 120 ℃ for 10 - 30 minutes to eliminate cutting oil and debris from the substrate.
3. Maintain the surface temperature of the substrate at above 100 ℃.
4. Rotate the substrate and drip the evenly mixed varnish using a nozzle.
5. Rotate the substrate until the varnish does not drop any longer, and dry it according to the designated curing conditions.
- 1. Liquid B (Hardener) is sensitive to moisture. So store it in a dry and cool indoor space.
2. Liquid C (Hardener catalyst) is sensitive to heat. So store it in a refrigerated space.
3. When the varnish temperature is high, there is a risk of varnish turning into gel. So maintain the varnish temperature inside the tank at below 30 ℃.
4. Instructions above may vary depending on the type of substrate and the painting line conditions.