WATER-BASED ELASTIC WATERPROOFING PRIMER Waterborne epoxy coat
- Water-based elastic waterproofing primer (Concrete, cement mortar, etc.)
WATER-BASED ELASTIC WATERPROOFING PRIMER is a water-based epoxy paint manufactured by using epoxy resins and water-based amine curing agents, has excellent adhesion and water resistance. It is a transparent primer that enhances interlayer adhesion through uniform penetration of concrete and mortar surfaces.
- Paint type
- Waterborne epoxy/Primer of concrete floor (Two-component)
- Drying time
Drying time Category 5℃ 20℃ 30℃ Dry-Hard 24 hours 8 hours 6 hours Over-coat (Min.) 24 hours 8 hours 5 hours Over-coat (Max.) 10 days 7 days 5 days Pot life 2 hours 1.5 hours 1 hour
- Tap water
- Dilution ratio
- ▷ No dilution, ▷ Volume ratio less than 5%(if necessary)
- Specific gravity
- Approx. 1.0
- Solid volume ratio
- Approx. 27%
- Theoretical Coverage
- 7~8 ㎡/ℓ (1 - 2 coats)
- Thickness of dried film
- Packaging unit
- 16L (Compounds)
- Mixing ratio
- Base(A)/hardener(B)=4/1 (Weight ratio)
- Shelf life
- 12 months (Dry, cool, and dark place with good ventilation)
PRODUCT PROPERTIES (PHYSICAL PROPERTY DATA)
- Tensile strength
- A two-component waterborne epoxy floor primer with excellent mixing and painting workability
- Elongation rate
- Excellent abrasion resistance, water resistance
how to use
- Surface treatment
- 1. Completely remove oil, moisture, sand, dust and foreign substances from the surface.
2. Sufficiently dry the surface to be coated before coating.
3. Check the adhesive powder before coating on the waterproofed concrete mortar surface since a problem of layer separation, etc. may occur.
- Coating method
- 1. Blend the main agent and the hardener at a mixing ratio specified before use and mix evenly (using a power stirrer).
2. As this product has a short pot life, it should be used within the pot life (especially during the summer).
- It has a shorter pot life compared to oil-based epoxies and causes adhesion deterioration if a paint with a expired pot life is applied.
3. If it is applied in an enclosed space, water evaporation is very delayed, thereby resulting in drying failure.
Therefore, use appropriate methods to ensure that water evaporation can occur smoothly.
4. About 40㎛ is appropriate for one coat, and avoid forming thick coating when applying one coat (which causes sagging and drying failure).
5. Store the paint at 5℃ or higher.
6. For coating areas exposed to the outside, yellowing and chalking may occur in a short period of time due to the effect of sunlight.
- Coating conditions
- 1. Coating can be done by either brush, roller, air or airless spray coating.
- For roller coating, oil roller is suitable.