ENERGY SAVER COOL ROOF Water-based urethane-acrylic intermediate coating
- Waterproof for roof of new or old concrete structures
This paint is an economical and practical water-based elastic waterproofing paint for water-based energy-saving cool roof based on urethane acrylic emulsion that gives flexible elasticity and excellent adhesion especially to concrete in order to maintain effective waterproof performance even in the fierce cold during the winter season and the fierce heat during the summer season. It reflects heat rays during painting and shows an excellent heat shielding effect by preventing the heat from being transmitted to the inside. It is a water-based waterproofing product that can remarkably reduce the cooling/heating costs by making it difficult for the outside heat to be transferred to the inside and for the inside heat to escape at the same time.
- Paint type
- Special elastic urethane-acrylic emulsion water-based / Intermediate coating
- Drying time
Drying time Category 5℃ 20℃ 30℃ Set-to-touch 1 hour 30 minutes 20 minutes Dry-through 6 hour 3 hour 2 hour Time required for re-coating (min.) 8 hour 4 hour 3 hour
- Tap water less than 5%, if necessary
- Coating Method
- Brush, roller, spray coating.
- Specific gravity
- Approx. 1.1(Based on white color)
- Solid volume ratio
- Theoretical Coverage
- 0.5 ㎡/ℓ
- Thickness of dried film
- 1mm (4~5times)
- Re-coating interval
- 20℃, sufficient ventilation for a minimum of 5 hours
- Storage and preservation
- 12 months (well-ventilated dry, cold and dark location, room temperature 5℃~30℃, humidity less than 80%)
PRODUCT PROPERTIES (PHYSICAL PROPERTY DATA)
- Heat reflection insulation performance
- By applying special ceramic pigments, it has excellent infrared reflectance and low thermal conductivity.
- Excellent waterproofing ability
- As an integrated continuous elastic film is formed, excellent waterproofing performance is exhibited, and resistance to vibrations and cracks is strong.
- Eco-friendly properties
- It has little odor as it is a water-based type unlike existing oil-based waterproofing materials.
how to use
- Surface treatment
- 1. The material should be sufficiently cured (cured more than 30 days at 20℃)
2. Laitance, dust, oil and other contaminants on the surface must be completely removed.
3. The proper pH of the material must be less than 9, and the percentage of moisture content must be less than 6%.
4. The gaps and grooves on the surface must be filled with elastic putty, and surface adjustment should be made before coating.
- Coating method
- 1. Intermediate coating
① After at least 8 hours at 20℃ following primer, apply this paint 3~4 times with a brush, roller or spray to get a dry film thickness of 1000㎛.
② At this time, undiluted paint is recommended, but if necessary, it can be diluted to less than 5% with tap water for coating.
③ The re-coating interval is at least 5 hours after the first top coat at 20℃.