ENAMEL Alkyd enamel
- Top coat for wood and steel of building interior/exterior
This paint is a synthetic resin alkyd paint, which is a top coat for painting on the inside and outside iron and wood of buildings. It is an excellent paint with excellent hiding power, hard coat, good adhesion and water resistance, and long-lasting elegant gloss. It is a paint that can be directly applied without use of thinner upon painting because it is easily fluidized, though during storage it remains in a cream phase , due to its excellent thixotropic phenomenon.
- Paint type
- Synthetic resin alkyd paint / Top coat
- Drying time
Drying time Category 5℃ 20℃ 30℃ Set-to-touch 4 hours 2 hours 1 hour Dry-through 16 hours 8 hours 6 hours Time required for re-coating (min.) 30 hours 16 hours 10 hours
- DR-306(If necessary)
- Dilution ratio
- 1~5%(Volume ratio)
- Specific gravity
- Approx. 1.1
- Thickness of dried film
- Theoretical Coverage
- 6~8㎡/ℓ (2times - 60㎛)
- Shelf life
- 12 months (Dry, cool, and dark place with good ventilation)
- See the remarks below
- Mixing ratio
- Glossy, semi-gloss
PRODUCT PROPERTIES (PHYSICAL PROPERTY DATA)
- Film property
- Hiding power, adhesion and water resistance are excellent.
- The paint can be directly applied without using a thinner upon coating.
how to use
- Surface treatment
- 1. New metal plate: Remove dust, oil, etc. from the surface of the substrate using xylene or another proper solvent and then remove rust or forge scale by treating at blasting Sa2. Apply after coating with a corrosive undercoat, KSM-6030 class 1 or an undercoat according to the coating specifications.
2. New wood: Completely remove dust, oil, etc. Please apply sanding treatment if necessary.
3. Repair coating: After completely removing dust, oil, etc., thoroughly remove the paint film that has poor adhesion or is damaged with a wire, apply sanding for the surface of the old film to enhance adhesion.
- Coating method
- 1. Brush, roller coating
2. Avoid fire during or after coating and ventilate properly.
3. For re-coating following one coat, please apply after the previously coated film has dried sufficiently.
4. During storage, it becomes creamy as in its original form. If it is stirred before use, it will easily be fluidized.
5. Coating conditions : The surface of the substrate must be clean. The surface temperature should be at least 3℃ higher than the dew point to the relative humidity should be less than 85%.
- Preceding and follow-up coating
- 1. Primer for steel : DNU-3000 reddish brown, 5000 reddish brown, KSM-6030 class 1
(1, 2, 3, 4 type) Red lead primer
Primer for wood : DNP-217 READY MIXED PAINT
- 1. Color and Gloss
- Glossy : white, ivory white, white green, romantic pink, ivory, cork, spring green, sky blue, lavender
pastel green, shadow blue, pretty yellow
- Semi-gloss : white, light gray, cherry, sweet cherry