NEW-METALON DNU-1000 (RED LEAD ZINC-CHROMATE ANTI-CORROSIVE PAINT)
- Anti-corrosion paint for steel structures such as commercial buildings/residential buildings/public facilities
This paint is made by mixing excellent alkyd resin with anti-corrosive pigments, red lead and zinc chromate. In particular, it has good oil resistance and adhesion to steel surfaces and excellent stretchability and adhesion for metal expansion. It is widely used as an anti-corrosive primer for steel structures that are not immersed in water. In particular, it is effective for painting high-grade buildings due to its anti-corrosion properties and durability
- Paint type
- Alkyd / Anti-corrosion primer
- Drying time
Drying time Category 5℃ 20℃ 30℃ Set-to-touch 3 hours 90 minutes 1 hour Dry-through 18 hours 8 hours 6 hours Time required for re-coating (min.) 32 hours 16 hours 10 hours
- Dilution ratio
- Volume ratio : 5~10%
- Specific gravity
- Approx. 1.5
- Theoretical Coverage
- 13~15 ㎡/ℓ (1time - 35㎛)
- Solid volume ratio
- Approx. 49±1%
- Thickness of dried film
- Mixing ratio
- Shelf life
- 12 months (Dry, cool, and dark place with good ventilation)
PRODUCT PROPERTIES (PHYSICAL PROPERTY DATA)
- Film property
- Oil resistance and adhesion are good.
- Elasticity and adhesion for metal expansion are excellent.
how to use
- Surface treatment
- 1. New metal plate : Completely remove rust, oil, dust and other contaminants from the surface of the substrate by applying blasting cleaning at Sa2 or higher.
2. Repair: After completely removing worn film, rust, oil, salt, dust and other contaminants and wire brushing for the damaged parts, apply repair painting to make the film thickness the same as the surrounding coating.
- Coating method
- 1. Coating can be done by either brush, roller, or airless spray coating.
2. Airless spray coating :
- Tip diameter : 0.017"~0.021"
- Injection pressure : 2,100 Pa
- Injection angle : 65˚
(Airless spray data are for reference only, and it is adjusted according to the coating conditions.)
3. Coating conditions : The surface of the substrate must be clean. The surface temperature should be at least 3℃ higher than the dew point to the relative humidity should be less than 85%.
- Preceding and follow-up coating
- 1. Follow-up coating : Alkyd top coat
- ※ It is a KS mark product corresponding to KSM-6020 class 5.