NEW-METALON(FAST DRYING ANTI-CORROSION PRIMER) DNU-5000 Reddish Brown, Orange
- Anti-corrosion paint for steel structures such as commercial buildings/residential buildings/public facilities
This paint is made by mixing excellent alkyd resin with anti-corrosive pigments. It is a fast drying anti-corrosive primer with good oil resistance, adhesion, anti-corrosion properties and workability. It is excellent in stretchability and adhesion for metal expansion and is an economical paint widely used as an anti-corrosive primer for steel structures that are not immersed in water. In particular, since it is a fast drying paint, the work efficiency is improved when used in a factory that has a painting line.
- Paint type
- Alkyd / Anti-corrosion primer
- Drying time
Drying time Category 5℃ 20℃ 30℃ Set-to-touch 3 hours 1 hour 1 hour Dry-through 18 hours 8 hours 6 hours Time required for re-coating (min.) 32 hours 18 hours 10 hours
- Dilution ratio
- Volume ratio : 5~10%
- Specific gravity
- Approx. 1.4
- Theoretical Coverage
- 10~12 ㎡/ℓ (1time - 35㎛)
- Solid volume ratio
- Reddish brown, orange
- Thickness of dried film
- Mixing ratio
- Shelf life
- 12 months (Dry, cool, and dark place with good ventilation)
PRODUCT PROPERTIES (PHYSICAL PROPERTY DATA)
- Film property
- Oil resistance, adhesion, anti-corrosive properties are excellent.
- Quick-drying ability
- It is a quick-drying paint with excellent workability.
- Elasticity and adhesion for metal expansion are excellent.
how to use
- Surface treatment
- 1. New metal plate : Completely remove rust, oil, dust and other contaminants from the surface of the substrate by applying blasting cleaning at Sa2 or higher.
2. Repair coating: Completely remove worn film, rust, grease, salt, dust, and other contaminants. For damaged parts, apply repair coating to make the film thickness the same as the surrounding coating after correcting by wire brushing. Additionally, to enhance the adhesion, sand the surface of the old film with sandpaper.
- Coating method
- 1. Coating can be done by either brush, roller, or airless spray coating.
2. Airless spray coating :
- Tip diameter : 0.017"~0.021"
- Injection pressure : 143 Pa
- Injection angle : 65˚
(Airless spray data are for reference only, and it is adjusted according to the coating conditions.)
3. Coating conditions : The surface of the substrate must be clean. The surface temperature should be at least 3℃ higher than the dew point to the relative humidity should be less than 85%.
- Preceding and follow-up coating
- 1. Follow-up coating : Alkyd top coat